We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2015
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website however.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
- We are the owners and operators of the website www.emlc.co.uk (our “site”.) We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. EMLC is registered in England and Wales under company number 4813638 company number and our registered office is located at Bridge House, Bridge Street, Olney, MK46 4AB.
- When you book your assessment training on our site, any personal data you provide in the booking form will immediately be stored in our database. We will use information that you give to us:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or between you and EMLC and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our services or EMLC’s services; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to enable our partner company Third Wave Enterprises (whose company registration number is 06244309 whose registered office address is Bridge House, Bridge Street, Olney, MK46 4AB) to provide you with services such as Teaching and Learning Programmes, Subject Leadership, Middle Leadership
Cookies used on our sites
||WHAT WE USE THEM FOR
||THIS COOKIE STORES WHERE A VISITOR (YOU) CAME FROM. E.G. SEARCH
ENGINE, SEARCH KEYWORD, LINK, ETC.
||THIS COOKIE STORES EACH USER'S AMOUNT OF VISITS, AND THE TIME
OF THE FIRST VISIT, THE PREVIOUS VISIT, AND THE CURRENT VISIT.
||THESE ARE USED TO CHECK APPROXIMATELY HOW LONG A USER (YOU)
STAY ON OUR SITE: WHEN A VISIT STARTS, AND APPROXIMATELY ENDS
|| THIS COOKIE IS USED TO COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT HOW VISITORS (YOU) USE OUR SITE, ALL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED ANONYMOUSLY AND HELPS US IMPROVE OUR SITE.
||THIS COOKIE LETS US INTEGRATE OUR SITE WITH SOCIAL NETWORKS,
How to manage cookies
Our cookies do not store financial information, or information which is capable of directly identifying you (such as your name or address). Cookies simply allow our website to retrieve this information in order to personalise and improve your experience of our website.
However, if you wish to restrict, block or delete cookies provided by our site – or any other website - you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences, or use the following on your particular browser.
- Click the orange Firefox button at the top of the window (Tools menu in Windows XP) and then click Options
- Select the Privacy panel
- From the history drop down select “Use custom settings for history”
- Un-check “Accept cookies from sites”
- Click OK
- Click on the wrench icon, within Chrome
- Select “Settings”
- Select “Under the Hood”
- Click “Content Settings” in the “Privacy” section
- Under the “Cookies” section select “Block sites from setting any data”
Internet Explorer 9
- Click the gear-wheel icon in the top right corner of the browser
- Click Internet Options
- Navigate to the Privacy Tab
- Set the slider to “High” or above
- Click OK to confirm
- Click the gear-wheel icon in the top right corner of the browser
- Click the “Privacy” icon
- Choose “Block cookies” as “Always”
- Close window
Please bear in mind that if you do this, certain personalised features of this website and others cannot be provided to you.
Third Party Cookies
|THIRD PARTY COOKIES
||WHAT THEIR COOKIES ARE USED FOR
||WE USE GOOGLE MAPS TO SHOW OUR LOCATION.
||WE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SOCIAL NETWORKS AND LIKE TO SHARE
OUR CONTENT WITH FRIENDS ACROSS THESE NETWORKS, SUCH
AS TWITTER, YOU MAY RECEIVE COOKIES FROM THESE WEBSITES.
WE ARE NOT INCRTOLL OF THESE THIRD-PARTY COOKIES, IF
YOU'D LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THEM - VISIT THEIR WEBSITES.
If you wish to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit www.aboutcookies.org.